Rocketman nabs highest grossing opening week for a musical biopic in NZ
FlicksNews | 06 June 19
Rocketman has passed Oscar winner Bohemian Rhapsody to score the highest grossing opening week for a musical biopic in New Zealand box office history. Earning a handsome $1.68 million in its opening seven days, Elton John’s flick beat Queen’s by a clear $200,000.
1. Rocketman $1,682,844 (Paramount)
2. Aladdin $1,300,338 (Walt Disney)
3. Godzilla II: King of the Monsters $781,169 (Warner Bros)
4. John Wick 3: Parabellum $463,326 (Studiocanal)
5. Pokémon Detective Pikachu $398,607 (Warner Bros)
6. Avengers: Endgame $214,312 (Walt Disney)
7. The Hustle $91,974 (Universal)
8. Top End Wedding $74,468 (Universal)
9. Brightburn $52,959 (Sony)
10. Asterix: The Secret of the Magic Potion $50,891 (Icon)
Source: Numero. Estimated figures as at 2:13pm, 6/6/19
Spidey-sequel is smashing it in cinemas.
Clearly, Kiwis aren’t tired of the MCU.
Toys, nostalgia, dolls rule – for now.
And Yesterday did respectable business in NZ.
Child’s Play wasn’t even the biggest flop this weekend…
The men in black, blue, and rainbow do wonders in NZ.