Spider-Man sequel is far from the rest of the box office
FlicksNews | 11 July 19
Spider-Man: Far From Home banks a massive $2.4m in its first week.
Everyone’s favourite friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man indeed… Homecoming and Venom made $1.74m and $1.71m respectively in their first weeks, in comparison. Overall, Kiwis watched a lot of movies, Toy Story 4 itself banking over a million, and some steady performers elsewhere in the top ten.
Read on for full info.
1. Spider-Man: Far From Home $2,419,978 (Sony)
2. Toy Story 4 $1,327,629 (Disney)
3. Yesterday $652,740 (Universal)
4. The Secret Life of Pets 2 $587,579 (Universal)
5. Annabelle Comes Home $338,317 (Warner Bros)
6. Rocketman $199,725 (Paramount)
7. Aladdin $158,926 (Walt Disney)
8. Men in Black: International $131,977 (Sony)
9. Pavarotti $86,250 (Madman)
10. Parasite $66,951 (Madman)
Source: Numero. Estimated figures as at 2:45pm, 11/07/19
It’s a golden week for the Hollywood love-letter.
There’s no arguing with these box office results.
Next week promises to be interesting.
A handsome gross for the spinoff action flick.
$1.6 million is nothing to be furious over.
André Rieu comes in 2nd.