Toy Story 4 leads weekly box office… but our Spidey-sense is tingling
FlicksNews | 04 July 19
Toys, nostalgia, dolls rule – for now.
Disney’s fourth instalment in the Toy Story series took top honours at the box office this week, ahead of another slice of nostalgia and (killer) dolls. But the writing’s on the web with Spider-Man: Far From Home coming in at fourth place after just one day of ticket sales. Expect a big weekend for everyone’s friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man…
1. Toy Story 4 $1,215,974 (Disney)
2. Yesterday $777,573 (Universal)
3. Annabelle Comes Home $460,388 (Warner Bros)
4. Spider-Man: Far From Home $368,053 (Sony)
5. Rocketman $267,948 (Paramount)
6. The Secret Life of Pets 2 $264,349 (Universal)
7. Men in Black: International $198,810 (Sony)
8. Aladdin $149,015 (Walt Disney)
9. Pavarotti $98,389 (Madman)
10. Parasite $79,458 (Madman)
Source: Numero. Estimated figures as at 4:25pm, 4/07/19
It’s a golden week for the Hollywood love-letter.
There’s no arguing with these box office results.
Next week promises to be interesting.
A handsome gross for the spinoff action flick.
$1.6 million is nothing to be furious over.
André Rieu comes in 2nd.